Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Solstice

Happy winter solstice.  The longest night of the year is drawing to a close and I'm quite thankful for that (especially the really short days are awful when you work shift work).  Here in Toronto we usually celebrate it by a street festival and parade through the streets of Kensington Market - the festival of light.  Unfortunately this year the festival was canceled.  The reason being as best I can figure is due to the extreme cold weather we were experiencing.  The official cancelation didn't stop there being a bit of a party, and music playing in the streets, but it was quickly dispersed when organizers reminded everyone that the party was a no go and they were taking legal responsibility for themselves as they ran through the streets.  I was also disappointed with myself photographically tonight.  As always, my camera followed me out into the freezing night, but I was missing my focus, shooting too late, moving the camera on long exposures...I came home with far more rejects than keepers.  Even my posted picture, I've missed my point of focus and due to shooting at 800 ISO even with heavy noise reduction in place it's still too noisy for my likes.  

I guess we all have bad days from time to time...

No comments: